SETI via star flagging or StarShade shutter
Brad Guth
2012-12-03 05:38:06 UTC
ET’s could be a whole lot smarter than we are giving them credit, or
at least smarter than most of our 5th graders:
http://science.time.com/2012/11/28/flickering-stars-could-aliens-be-sending-us-signals/?iid=sci-main-lead
I mean to further suggest, if I wanted to send signals out to most
any other star/solar-system or perhaps to just concentrate on one
specific target out there, and could use a starshade as a rotating
shutter in order to make a star appear to modulate, pulse or even
transmit packets of data, would be quite nifty and relatively energy
efficient.

An on-edge spinning starshade could make most any aligned star as
viewed by our observation seem to quasar/beacon or even laser pulse.
A face-on spinning starshade could even be programmed to deliver
packets of data.

The above topic: “Flickering Stars: Could Aliens Be Sending Us
Signals?” by Michael D. Lemonick as having interviewed Lucianne
Walkowicz is what made me rethink upon this SETI via interstellar
communications that needs to be nearly as bright as most any point-
source of starlight, and to further consider how to go about
accomplishing this task that perhaps doesn’t have to be nearly as
insurmountable as we once thought.

Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth Usenet/”Guth
Venus”,GuthVenus
“GuthVenus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/102736204560337818634/BradGuth#slideshow/5630418595926178146
Brad Guth
2012-12-03 14:23:33 UTC
SETI via star flagging or StarShade Shutter (starlight modulator)

ET’s could be a whole lot smarter than we are giving them credit, or
at least smarter than most of our 5th graders:
http://science.time.com/2012/11/28/flickering-stars-could-aliens-be-sending-us-signals/?iid=sci-main-lead
I mean to further suggest, if I wanted to send signals out to most
any other star/solar-system or perhaps to just concentrate on one
specific target out there, and could use a starshade as a rotating
shutter in order to make a star appear to modulate, pulse or even
transmit packets of data, would be quite nifty and relatively energy
efficient.

An on-edge spinning starshade could make most any aligned star as
viewed by our observation seem to quasar/beacon or even laser pulse.
A face-on spinning pinwheel or kaleidoscope wheel as our starshade
could even be programmed to deliver packets of data via the rotating
shutter or optical modulation code. Active alignment with our solar
system and the selected other star shouldn’t be all that difficult or
even all that energy intensive.

The communications could be as simple as a steady beacon or that of a
highly complex binary code packet of data via this kind of easily
deployed remote shutter.

The above topic link: “Flickering Stars: Could Aliens Be Sending Us
Signals?” by Michael D. Lemonick as having interviewed Lucianne
Walkowicz is what made me rethink upon this SETI via interstellar
communications that needs to be nearly as bright as most any point-
source of starlight, and to further consider how to go about
accomplishing this task that perhaps doesn’t have to be nearly as
technically insurmountable as we once thought.

Brad Guth
2012-12-03 20:03:08 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
If anyone ever wanted to interstellar communicate via beacon or
packets of binary data, whereas the use of a remote controlled
starshade or pinwheel shutter would more than do the SETI worthy trick
of using most any point-source of starlight, by simply modulating via
the simple alignment of a StarShade or pinwheel shutter situated
within its path, and this shutter/pinwheel modulation efficiency is
actually about as good as it gets.

Since the stellar illumination source can be visible to the naked eye,
whereas its energy and unique spectrum is nearly immortal to start off
with, and with the shutter situated as an ISM platform that’s
telerobotic controlled as a SETI communications node kind of
transponder, means that the cosmic range of such modulated starlight
communication is potentially even intergalactic capable. Of course
another utilization for entanglement might conceivably eliminate the
delay factor if only part of the starlight beam is modulated
(including hue/color spectrum modulation could be adding considerable
bandwidth to each packet).

Two-way or duplex interstellar communications is not going to be so
easy, but lucky for us is that just interplanetary communications can
at times become nearly insurmountable, so why should we bother with
accomplishing anything interstellar? However, given a modulated
StarShade could actually enable our own interplanetary needs whenever
radar, microwave or satellite transponder methods are insufficient or
simply being interfered with, whereas the modulated starlight method
is going to be least interfered with.

Wayne Throop
2012-12-03 21:24:07 UTC
:: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
:: An on-edge spinning starshade could make most any aligned star as
:: viewed by our observation seem to quasar/beacon or even laser pulse.

Ah. So you don't know what a laser does, or what laser light is.
Thanks for making th at very clear.

: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: If anyone ever wanted to interstellar communicate via beacon or
: packets of binary data, whereas the use of a remote controlled
: starshade or pinwheel shutter would more than do the SETI worthy trick
: of using most any point-source of starlight,

Of course, the difficulty is, inside a solar system, the star isn't
a point source, and if you go to where the star *is* a point source,
you can only communicate with one (count it, one) other star (to a
very good approximation). So you'd have to build one such station for
every star you communicate with, and it'd have to be very very far from
the central star you're communicating *from*.

Oh. And of course, you don't know what diffraction is or does, either.
Considering that, you'd have to place the pinwheel quite close to the
target star, rather than close to the origin star. So you then have the
problem of getting your signal to the pinwheel from the origin star.

In short, "shutter/pinwheel modulation efficiency is
actually about as good as it gets" is just about as *wrong* as it gets.
Try something else.
HVAC
2012-12-03 22:05:50 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
[...]
Goth: How does it feel to get schooled like that?
.. 变亮
Brad Guth
2012-12-03 22:25:58 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
[...]
Your pure negativity and selective obfuscation is noted. This must be
why you're never actually been hired by anyone.

BTW; my idea of a good pinwheel starshade for this communications
application is one of perhaps 100 km diameter, although a 1 km
starshade might give sufficient results depending on the point-source
and the desired target solar system. Our using Sirius(a) would
require the use of the 100 km starshade pinwheel, whereas using a more
distant star should allow the 1 km starshade to function.
Wayne Throop
2012-12-03 22:31:08 UTC
: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: Your pure negativity and selective obfuscation is noted.

More like it's halucinated. I was totally positive.
I gave you the key to improving your scheme: "try something else".
Didn't say "you shouldn't try" or "it's impossible" or anything even
remotely negative in any actually reasonable sense. I simply pointed
out that putting a pinwheel near the source star wouldn't work until
you get megaengineering on the scale of a dyson sphere, and by then,
nobody would be in doubt that somebody was doing something in the
star system so it'd be moot; and in addition, putting the pinwheel
very far away from the target system doesn't work because of diffraction.

It's as if you said "let's make a lighter-than-air craft with just
as much lift, but a quarter the gasbag volume". If I pointed out
"that won't work, try something else" (like adding thrust to overcome
the lost buoyancy), I'm not being negative. I'm being *encouraging*,
in pointing out where your efforts may actually pay off, as opposed to
places where they can't.

: BTW; my idea of a good pinwheel starshade for this communications
: application is one of perhaps 100 km diameter,

See? No clue at all. Such a small pinwheel would have to be parked
right in front of the target (ie, no more than a few dozen AU away)
for it to have much of any effect at all.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 00:07:25 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
[...]
I don't agree with that. A 100 km diameter starshade for blocking and/
or modulating a given point-source of starlight isn't too small of
pinwheel. If anything a 1 km starshade diameter should more than do
the trick for using the vast majority of stars that are 1000 ly or
further away.

Are you saying there's too much ISM particle density to contend with?

Are you suggesting that all available stars represent too large of a
point-source disk area of photons, in that any large diameter
starshade couldn't possibly block?

Are you suggesting that ETs couldn't possibly deploy any working or
manageable size of starshades that could be used to shutter modulate
the photon path towards our solar system?

I honestly haven't done the math or AutoCad drawings, but I suppose I
should since you seem only capable of being negative about any of
this.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 01:49:29 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Out of roughly a few million some odd usable stars within 1000 ly of
us (more than a thousand visible to our naked eye because most are red
dwarfs and perhaps 10% are white dwarfs) still gives a very large
number of point-source illuminations to use as our SETI communications
tool, by placing a suitable starshade that can be spin modulated or
shutter applied in order to interstellar signal via the intercepted
starlight going towards a given target solar system that’s directly in
the direct path of our starshade or pinwheel.

In other words, we use the pinwheel modulated or shuttered starlight
from one distant star in order to send a beacon or packet of data
towards another distant or even nearby solar system that’s within that
given path. This blocking and modulating of starlight from a selected
star and that of our starshade aligned with a given target solar
system, shouldn’t be all that difficult for us or any less
dysfunctional ETs to achieve. Likewise a distant solar system could
be utilized by ETs for signaling us using a similar starshade pinwheel
as aligned and modulating a distant point-source of starlight that
we’d detect as having a coded message intended for us.

In our 1000 ly solar system neighborhood, the stellar density is
roughly one per 4 light years, although most of those will be too red-
dwarf for signal applications. So, even at 0.1% usable, there is no
point-source starlight shortage for use as signaling towards other
solar systems.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 05:37:22 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Here’s an edited version of this method:
Out of 8 million some odd solar mass worth of stars within 1000 ly of
us (more than a couple thousand visible to our naked eye because most
are red dwarfs and perhaps 10% are white dwarfs and perhaps at most .
1% as neutron stars and/or black holes) still gives a very large
number of point-source illuminations to use as our SETI communications
tool, by placing a suitable starshade that can be spin modulated or
shutter applied in order to interstellar signal via the intercepted
starlight going towards a given target solar system that’s directly in
the direct path of our starshade or pinwheel.

In other words, we use the pinwheel modulated or shuttered starlight
from one distant star in order to send a beacon or packet of data
towards another distant or even nearby solar system that’s within that
given path. This artificial blocking and modulating of starlight from
a selected star and that of our starshade aligned with a given target
solar system, shouldn’t be all that difficult for us or any less
dysfunctional ETs to achieve. Likewise a distant solar system could
be utilized by ETs for signaling us using a similar starshade pinwheel
as aligned and modulating a distant point-source of starlight that
we’d detect as having a coded message intended for us.

In our 1000 ly solar system neighborhood, the stellar density is
roughly one solar system mass per every 5 light years radius(5.24e2
ly3), although most of those 8e6 stars will be too red-dwarf for
systems.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 14:59:30 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
us (more than a couple thousand as visible stars to our naked eye
because most are red dwarfs and perhaps 10% are white dwarfs and
perhaps at most .1% as neutron stars and/or black holes), still gives
a very large number of point-source illuminations to use as our SETI
communications tool, by placing a suitable starshade that can be spin
modulated or shutter applied in order to interstellar signal via the
intercepted starlight going towards a given target solar system that’s
in the direct path of our starshade or pinwheel, and with precise
alignment should make for smaller starshades of perhaps 100 meters.

In other words, we use the color-wheel modulated or shuttered
starlight from one distant star in order to send a beacon or packet of
data towards another distant or even nearby solar system that’s within
that given path. This artificial blocking and modulating of starlight
from a selected star and that of our starshade aligned with a given
target solar system, shouldn’t be all that difficult for us or any
less dysfunctional ETs to achieve. Likewise a distant solar system
could be utilized by ETs for signaling us using a similar starshade
pinwheel as aligned and modulating a distant point-source of starlight
that we’d detect as having a beacon or coded message intended for us.

In our 1000 ly solar system neighborhood, the stellar density is
roughly one solar system mass per every 5 light years radius(5.24e2
ly3), although most of those 8e6 stars will be too red-dwarf and brown-
dwarf for signal applications. So, even at 0.1% usable, there is no
point-source starlight shortage for use as signaling towards other
solar systems, and this is actually a very good method of interstellar
communications that could only be made better with quantum
entanglements applied to these extremely narrow beams of intercepted
starlight that can be starshade and/or pinwheel modulated whenever
proper alignment is achieved, and of course better yet when their
color spectrum can be varied.

Of course there’s already a great deal of non illuminating bodies as
wandering nomads to contend with, although those multi hundred
billions of unbound items of Ceres and larger than Jupiter within this
same 1000 ly radius should never individually cause beam interference
but once, unless their freedom to drift has been captured by some
nearby source of gravity, such as within our stellar neighborhood it
is Sirius with its all-inclusive 3.5 Ms (including its vast Oort
cloud) that could latch onto any number of passing nomads.

http://translate.google.com/#
Forrest Piper
2012-12-04 15:18:36 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Simply *signalling* other lifeforms, will not do anything, except re-
do any contact that may have already been made, between those who
would *sidetrack* God's promise, with a temptation to trade the
Covenant away, for something material, or something with only short-
term gain.

Look at the Elohim. They've known about our species for much longer
than man has known himself.

Their signals via Star Shade can only appear to us, as realizing our
own birth pangs from inside the cage we call 'Earth'. Do you wish for
all of the prophecies foretold in the bible to be physically precise,
or accurate warning signs for God's chosen people?

Are you accepting the calling in of reinforcements to wage war with
the people of God? That would be a terrible mistake.

On the other hand, there is probably one last chance to view prophecy
as a warning sign, rather than a physically precise description of the
End Times.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 17:43:44 UTC
Post by Forrest Piper
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
No doubt ETs of God's creation and those of much older evolution than
us should be a highly beneficial encounter to us, that is if they've
outgrown their faith-based need to take advantage of and bully others
into submission.

Physical interstellar travels by even the most advanced ETs or
eventually by those of us exploiting off-world is highly improbable
and not likely going to happen unless the two stars are already headed
towards one another and capable of passing within a light year or much
closer, because even a 0.1 ly distance at an average commute of
1%c(3000 km/sec) is representing a ten year trek each way.
Encountering a one gram speck of carbonado or most other heavy
elements at 1%c could represent a lethal blow to any such interstellar
space travel effort of getting safely between such nearby stars.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 17:45:25 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Starshades as pinwheel observation enhancement tools for telescopes to
better detect exoplanets orbiting their star that needs to get
filtered out, so that its planets can be better detected, is the
normal use of a starshade. However, as a communications enhancement
tool could be where the real payoff is going to be.

If anyone ever wanted to efficiently interstellar communicate via
beacon or packets of binary data, whereas the use of a remote
controlled starshade or pinwheel shutter would more than do the SETI
worthy trick of using most any point-source of starlight, by simply
modulating via the simple alignment of a StarShade or pinwheel shutter
situated within it the desired path, and this shutter/pinwheel
modulation efficiency is actually about as good as it gets.

Since a few of these stellar illumination sources can be visible to
the naked eye, whereas its energy and unique spectrum is nearly
immortal to start off with, and with the shutter situated as an ISM
platform that’s telerobotic controlled as a SETI communications node
kind of transponder, means that the cosmic range of such modulated
starlight communication is potentially even intergalactic capable.
Of course another utilization of photon entanglement might conceivably
eliminate the delay factor if only part of the starlight beam is
modulated (including hue/color spectrum modulation that could be
adding considerable bandwidth to each packet).

Two-way or duplex interstellar communications is not going to be so
easy unless photon entanglement can eliminate most of the delay, but
lucky for us is that just ordinary interplanetary communications can
at times become nearly insurmountable, so why should we bother with
accomplishing anything interstellar? However, given a modulated
StarShade method could actually enable some of our own interplanetary
needs whenever radar, microwave or satellite transponder methods are
insufficient or simply being interfered with, whereas the modulated
starlight method is going to be least interfered with once the
interstellar placements of starshades as starlight modulators can be
accomplished.

Brad Guth
2012-12-04 22:30:45 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
In other words, if we can manage to tell ETs that we exist, and at the
same time start looking for those stars which seem to beacon or
otherwise communicate with us by way of ET starlight modulation via
their own starshades or pinwheels, as such we might actually be
capable of concentrating our SETI on just a few of the most promising
solar systems instead of our having to look long and hard at billions
of them.

http://translate.google.com/#
Wayne Throop
2012-12-04 18:15:09 UTC
: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: The above topic: =93Flickering Stars: Could Aliens Be Sending Us
: Signals?=94 by Michael D. Lemonick as having interviewed Lucianne
: Walkowicz is what made me rethink upon this SETI

Note, of course, that your 100km pinwheel is nothing at all like
what Walkowicz proposes. Your proposal is unworkable, for the
reasons outlined several times already. You could at least try
for something physically possible.

: In our 1000 ly solar system neighborhood, the stellar density is
: roughly one solar system mass per every 5 light years radius
: (5.24e2 ly3)

Wow. Not even with matching units. can't even keep the
difference between radius and volume straight. Go, Guth, go.

: Out of 8 million some odd solar mass worth of stars within 1000 ly of
: us (more than a couple thousand as visible stars to our naked eye
: because most are red dwarfs and perhaps 10% are white dwarfs and
: perhaps at most .1% as neutron stars and/or black holes), still gives
: a very large number of point-source illuminations to use as our SETI
: communications tool, by placing a suitable starshade

Placing it where, exactly? I see you still haven't accounted for
diffraction, and of course you'd have to place it at least a lightyear
or so from any star, and you've provided no way to do so cheaply.

Try something else. Something more practical. Nuclear pumped lasers,
for example. Or starwisps. Or *something* not-nonsensical.

Yeesh.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 19:25:08 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
: The above topic: =93Flickering Stars: Could Aliens Be Sending Us
: Signals?=94 by Michael D.  Lemonick as having interviewed Lucianne
: Walkowicz is what made me rethink upon this SETI
Note, of course, that your 100km pinwheel is nothing at all like
what Walkowicz proposes.  Your proposal is unworkable, for the
reasons outlined several times already.  You could at least try
for something physically possible.
For us a 1 km pinwheel star shade would be about a good as it gets,
although I bet we could make an effort with as little as a 100 meter
pinwheel as our first attempt at interstellar communications.
Post by Wayne Throop
: In our 1000 ly solar system neighborhood, the stellar density is
: roughly one solar system mass per every 5 light years radius
: (5.24e2 ly3)
Wow.  Not even with matching units.  can't even keep the
difference between radius and volume straight.  Go, Guth, go.
In 3D volume, using the spherical volume of 524 ly3 per star isn't
being entirely unreasonable, although just about any number of even
0.1 Ms/524 ly3 should still more than prove my point.
Post by Wayne Throop
: Out of 8 million some odd solar mass worth of stars within 1000 ly of
: us (more than a couple thousand as visible stars to our naked eye
: because most are red dwarfs and perhaps 10% are white dwarfs and
: perhaps at most .1% as neutron stars and/or black holes), still gives
: a very large number of point-source illuminations to use as our SETI
: communications tool, by placing a suitable starshade
Placing it where, exactly?
Exactly between a couple of distant stars, say at least separated by 5
ly might represent a good enough start and with our solar system
situated as near to the pinwheel star shade as possible so that our
interactive communications loop isn't too excessive. Perhaps parked
at 0.1 ly from our sun would be a good minimum distance so that the
station-keeping energy via ion thrusting isn't too excessive, and then
perhaps the next generation of researchers could start to work with
the results, because the current generation will likely not live long
enough unless they're very young at the start of this mission.
Post by Wayne Throop
 I see you still haven't accounted for
diffraction, and of course you'd have to place it at least a lightyear
or so from any star, and you've provided no way to do so cheaply.
Try something else.  Something more practical.  Nuclear pumped lasers,
for example.  Or starwisps.  Or *something* not-nonsensical.
Yeesh.
How much added diffraction does the ISM represent?

I'm not talking about 100% cutoff of each and every spectrum of the
given stream or beam of starlight, but of perhaps 90+% should more
than do the trick, though even a 50% modulation factor of code/beacon
starlight should work just fine and dandy considering how slight of
starlight dimming is being detected as another exoplanet.

To start off slow and conservative, perhaps a minimal spin/rotation of
creating 1 hour per beacon event, or simply 2 hrs/360 degrees of
starshade rotation on edge should be more than sufficient, with those
more complex coded packets being accomplished later in the pinwheel
shutter mode. And once again, the use of those quantum entangled
photons would come in real handy here.
Wayne Throop
2012-12-04 21:10:49 UTC
::: by placing a suitable starshade

:: Placing it where, exactly?

: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: Exactly between a couple of distant stars, say at least separated by 5
: ly might represent a good enough start and with our solar system
: situated as near to the pinwheel star shade as possible so that our
: interactive communications loop isn't too excessive. Perhaps parked
: at 0.1 ly from our sun

And you think a 100km starshade is going to do diddly squat to the
sun's appearance, even along the line of sight? Really?
Yeesh.

: I'm not talking about 100% cutoff of each and every spectrum of the
: given stream or beam of starlight, but of perhaps 90+% should more
: than do the trick, though even a 50% modulation factor of code/beacon
: starlight should work just fine and dandy considering how slight of
: starlight dimming is being detected as another exoplanet.

90% cutoff. Riiiiiight. For a 100km shade, as you proposed upthread.
Riiiiight. Sure transit of a 4000km shade quite close to the sun can be
detected. A 100km shade a tenth-lightyear away? 90% ? It'd be
funny if it weren't so pathetic.

There are very likely literally many thousands of less expensive and
more efficient methods to signal using visible-spectrum light, let alone
the many good ways other parts of the EM spectrum can be used.

Yeesh.
Brad Guth
2012-12-04 21:47:40 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
::: by placing a suitable starshade
:: Placing it where, exactly?
: Exactly between a couple of distant stars, say at least separated by 5
: ly might represent a good enough start and with our solar system
: situated as near to the pinwheel star shade as possible so that our
: interactive communications loop isn't too excessive.  Perhaps parked
: at 0.1 ly from our sun
And you think a 100km starshade is going to do diddly squat to the
sun's appearance, even along the line of sight?  Really?
Yeesh.
Our sun isn't the least bit involved with any of this, other than
proving something for our planet to orbit.
Post by Wayne Throop
: I'm not talking about 100% cutoff of each and every spectrum of the
: given stream or beam of starlight, but of perhaps 90+% should more
: than do the trick, though even a 50% modulation factor of code/beacon
: starlight should work just fine and dandy considering how slight of
: starlight dimming is being detected as another exoplanet.
90% cutoff.  Riiiiiight.  For a 100km shade, as you proposed upthread.
Riiiiight.  Sure transit of a 4000km shade quite close to the sun can be
detected.  A 100km shade a tenth-lightyear away?  90% ?  It'd be
funny if it weren't so pathetic.
There are very likely literally many thousands of less expensive and
more efficient methods to signal using visible-spectrum light, let alone
the many good ways other parts of the EM spectrum can be used.
Yeesh.
You seem to be on entirely different pages than myself, obviously
looking for maximum FUD, naysay and obfuscation to apply.
Wayne Throop
2012-12-05 00:36:22 UTC
: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: You seem to be on entirely different pages than myself, obviously
: looking for maximum FUD, naysay and obfuscation to apply.

No, I seem to be looking for any sense at all in your proposal.
And not finding it. Seems like there isn't any there.

That's not FUD (what would I be trying to get you to fear, or be
uncertain about?) naysay (I'm yes-saying; yes, you are clueless)
and no obfuscation (to point out why your idea is nonsensical
is the exact opposite of obfuscation).

But then, you often do have vocabulary problems,
perhaps most recently confusing a radius with a volume.
So I guess it's only to be expected.
Brad Guth
2012-12-05 00:57:56 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
: You seem to be on entirely different pages than myself, obviously
: looking for maximum FUD, naysay and obfuscation to apply.
No, I seem to be looking for any sense at all in your proposal.
And not finding it.  Seems like there isn't any there.
Your perceptions of whatever anyone proposes is clearly a closed
mindset of perpetual naysay and obfuscation (aka FUD).
Your real-world accomplishments are??????????
Wayne Throop
2012-12-05 00:59:10 UTC
: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: Your perceptions of whatever anyone proposes is clearly a closed
: mindset of perpetual naysay and obfuscation (aka FUD).

Ah. So you don't know what FUD is. And most likely,
naysay and obfuscation neither. Thanks for clearing that up.

: Your real-world accomplishments are??????????

You first.
Brad Guth
2012-12-05 01:56:18 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
: Your perceptions of whatever anyone proposes is clearly a closed
: mindset of perpetual naysay and obfuscation (aka FUD).
Ah.  So you don't know what FUD is.  And most likely,
naysay and obfuscation neither.  Thanks for clearing that up.
: Your real-world accomplishments are??????????
You first.
Besides having been self-employed for most of my life, and never
getting arrested:

Venus”,GuthVenus
Wayne Throop
2012-12-05 03:19:36 UTC
::: Your real-world accomplishments are??????????

:: You first.

: Brad Guth <***@gmail.com>
: Besides having been self-employed for most of my life, and never
: getting arrested:

Ah. Much like Alfred Dolittle or Fred Sanford.

: =93GuthVenus=94 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
: question:
: https://picasaweb.google.com/102736204560337818634/BradGuth#slideshow/5630=
: 418595926178146 Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth
: Usenet/=94Guth Venus=94,GuthVenus

So, nothing then.

I, on the other hand, have rescued dozens of cats.
Or was that James Niloll? Oh ight... both. Oh, and a hawk.
A much richer legacy than, for example, obfuscating,
naysaying and FUD-ing the moon landing.
Brad Guth
2012-12-05 04:46:24 UTC
Post by Wayne Throop
::: Your real-world accomplishments are??????????
:: You first.
: Besides having been self-employed for most of my life, and never
Ah.  Much like Alfred Dolittle or Fred Sanford.
: =93GuthVenus=94 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
:https://picasaweb.google.com/102736204560337818634/BradGuth#slideshow...
: 418595926178146 Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth
: Usenet/=94Guth Venus=94,GuthVenus
So, nothing then.
I, on the other hand, have rescued dozens of cats.
Or was that James Niloll?  Oh ight...  both.  Oh, and a hawk.
A much richer legacy than, for example, obfuscating,
naysaying and FUD-ing the moon landing.
Good for you. Our local family currently is caring for 50+ feral
cats, and between a couple of us we have a dozen well cared for house
cats, more than a few dogs, chickens plus a minor assortment of other
biodiversity that we somehow manage to care for.

Apparently you have nothing whatsoever to do with actual science or
physics, but feel the need to topic/author stalk and bash for all you
can muster. Do you get extra faith-based points for doing your job?

BTW; do you have a viable fly-by-rocket moon lander? (because our NASA
doesn't seem to have one of those)
Brad Guth
2012-12-06 13:37:27 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
filtered out, so that its nearby planets can be better detected, is

Brad Guth
2012-12-06 13:52:22 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Out of a potential 8 million some odd solar mass worth of stars within
1000 ly of us (more than a couple thousand as visible stars to our
naked eye because most being too far away, red dwarfs and otherwise
perhaps 10% as having become white dwarfs and at most .1% as neutron
stars or black holes), still gives a very large number of point-source
illuminations to use as our SETI communications tool, by placing a
suitable starshade that can be spin modulated or shutter applied in
order to interstellar signal via the intercepted starlight going
towards a given target solar system that’s in the direct path of our
carefully aligned starshade or pinwheel, and with such precise
alignment should make for smaller starshades of perhaps 100 meters.

In other words, we use the color-pinwheel modulated or easily
shuttered starlight from one distant star in order to send a beacon or
packet of data towards another distant or even nearby solar system
that’s within that given path. This artificial blocking and
modulating of starlight from a selected star and that of our starshade
aligned with a given target solar system, shouldn’t be all that
difficult for us or any less dysfunctional ETs to achieve. Likewise a
distant solar system could be utilized by ETs for signaling us using a
similar starshade pinwheel as aligned and modulating a distant point-
source of starlight that we’d detect as having a beacon or coded
message intended for us.

In our 1000 ly solar system neighborhood, the stellar density is
roughly offering one solar system mass per every 5 light years
radius(5.24e2 ly3), although most of those 8e6 stars will be too red-
dwarf and/or brown-dwarf for starlight signal applications. So, even
at 0.1% usable, there is no point-source starlight shortage for use as
signaling towards other solar systems, and this is actually a very
good method of interstellar communications that could only be made
better with quantum entanglements applied to these extremely narrow
beams of intercepted starlight that can be starshade and/or pinwheel
modulated whenever proper alignment is achieved, and of course better
yet is when their color spectrum can be varied as a frequency
modulated form of binary packets that could easily transfer 1024 times
much data per packet.

Of course there’s already a great deal of non illuminating bodies as
wandering nomads to contend with, although those multi hundred
billions of unbound items from the size of Ceres and those even larger
than Jupiter within this same 1000 ly radius should never individually
cause beam interference but once, unless their freedom to drift has
been captured by some nearby source of gravity, such as within our
stellar neighborhood is Sirius with its all-inclusive 3.5 Ms
(including its vast Oort cloud) that could latch onto or at least
divert any number of those passing nomads.

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth
2012-12-06 22:01:52 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Of course our own sun could be used as a source of interstellar
communications as a controlled or easily modulated beam of starlight,
but only if the starshade pinwheel as a remote shutter method of
signaling were created large enough and placed far enough away. This
would have obvious advantages if the cost and its deployment time
scale were not issues.
HVAC
2012-12-06 22:44:40 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth Usenet/”Guth
Venus”,GuthVenus
“GuthVenus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
https://picasaweb.google.com/102736204560337818634/BradGuth#slideshow...
Of course our own sun could be used as a source of interstellar
communications as a controlled or easily modulated beam of starlight,
but only if the starshade pinwheel as a remote shutter method of
signaling were created large enough and placed far enough away. This
would have obvious advantages if the cost and its deployment time
scale were not issues.
A pinwheel from a pinhead...Lovely, simply fucking lovely.

Goth Starshade or Goth Pinwheel you should call it.
http://youtu.be/CjO7kBqTFqo .. 变亮
http://www.richardgingras.com/tia/images/tia_logo_large.jpg
Brad Guth
2012-12-10 06:10:24 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
Using one point source of a star in order to signal another point-
source of a distant solar system, honestly shouldn't be all that
complicated unless those stellar photons can lens their way around our
star-shade/pinwheel.
Brad Guth
2012-12-13 17:38:09 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
A lot of minor and even major stuff most likely drifts free as unbound
nomads between the stars, not to mention their solar system of planets
and of asteroids plus their Oort cloud that combined could represent
10% as much mass as the star itself (especially the case if the star
has become a white dwarf), and otherwise of binary star Oort clouds
should be of the most common and perfectly capable of hosting the most
orbital mass.

However, this totally random interference to that of our observing
stars should not block our view by all that much, if hardly
perceptible because of the vastness and emptiness of the ISM.
However, as to using a carefully placed starshade or pinwheel of
sufficient diameter and aligned with a distant point-source of
starlight and that of another nearby star, whereas this method should
represent a steady visual block or modulation capable shutter for
interstellar communications.
Brad Guth
2012-12-13 18:51:00 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
[...]
In addition to all the gravity bound cosmic gas and dust (including
carbon buckyballs) that surrounds stars and out galaxies, there’s also
a lot of minor asteroids and even major planet stuff that most likely
exceeded the necessary escape velocity and drifts free as unbound
nomads between the stars, not to mention each solar system of planets
and of asteroids plus their Oort cloud that combined could represent
10% as much mass as the star itself (especially the case if the star
has become a white dwarf), and otherwise of binary star Oort clouds
should be of the most common and perfectly capable of hosting the most
orbital mass that’s sticking with their original star(s).

However, this seemingly totally random interference to that of our
observing stars should not block our view by all that much, if hardly
perceptible because of the vastness and emptiness of the ISM.
However, as to using a carefully placed starshade or pinwheel of
sufficient diameter and aligned with a distant point-source of
starlight and that of another nearby star, whereas this method should
represent a steady visual block or modulation capable shutter for
interstellar communications.

Using any distant point-source of starlight as a communication beam
that a starshade/pinwheel could easily modulate, seems like a
perfectly good enough method since that beam of starlight already
reaches to those other solar systems with photons to spare. Possibly
the use of photon entanglements could even eliminate the time lag
imposed by the aether limited speed of light.