'Impossible' crystals may be 'alien'.
Robert Clark
2012-01-13 08:53:52 UTC
I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. The word
'alien' can simply mean 'not of this Earth'.
The discovery concerns quasicrystals, which were previously thought
not to occur naturally but only under lab conditions. When you read
the description of how they are created in the lab I think you'll
understand why.
In any case the article concerns some quasicrytals that were found in
nature. Now it turns out those quasicrystals that were found may have
come from space:

‘Impossible’ Crystals May Have Come From Space.
by Paul Scott Anderson on January 4, 2012
http://www.universetoday.com/92383/impossible-crystals-may-have-come-from-space/

Bob Clark
Matt Wiser
2012-01-14 15:20:12 UTC
Post by Robert Clark
I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. T
*PLONK*

Asshole
Brad Guth
2012-01-14 17:46:52 UTC
 I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. The word
'alien' can simply mean 'not of this Earth'.
The discovery concerns quasicrystals, which were previously thought
not to occur naturally but only under lab conditions. When you read
the description of how they are created in the lab I think you'll
understand why.
 In any case the article concerns some quasicrytals that were found in
nature. Now it turns out those quasicrystals that were found may have
‘Impossible’ Crystals May Have Come From Space.
by Paul Scott Anderson on January 4, 2012http://www.universetoday.com/92383/impossible-crystals-may-have-come-...
  Bob Clark
Terrestrial surface basalts are also not very paramagnetic, and yet I
have basalt samples that range from 3.5 to 4.5 g/cm3 that are highly
paramagnetic. Also, not much if any carbonado/black-diamond is
terrestrial (other than deposited carbonado).

http://translate.google.com/#